Saturday, July 21, 2012

Cybercoaching

This week we had some great conversations about formative assessment and cybercoaching. I'm a big fan of cybercoaching. When I facilitate a class, I learn as much from the students as they learn from me. We all become cybercoaches as we post our work and give feedback to each other. This is my preferred way to learn. I'm glad that this is how our Assessment class is structured. I'm learning so much from the instructor and from my fellow students.

I want to continue to learn about various tools I can use for cybercoaching. Jing is one that I've found to work well. I've used Voice Thread a little bit and hope to use it more. Last week at a conference, I learned about Vyou. I hope to try that one as well. I would like to research these and other ways to incorporate more cybercoaching in my classes.

I also worked on my pre-course survey this week. I've used pre-course surveys in the past but our instructor added another twist. She suggested we add "warmth" to the survey. I really like this idea. It's another way to welcome the students to my class and help them get to know me a little bit better. Anything I can do to help this happen in an online class is beneficial. It's so important that students know I am there - a real person behind the material! Check out my survey (by clicking on the link below) and see if you think the "warmth" is there.

Pre-Course Survey Link

No comments:

Post a Comment